Côte d’Ivoire is eligible for AGOA this year.
U.S.-Cote d’Ivoire Trade Facts
In 2019, Cote d'Ivoire GDP was an estimated $44.4 billion (current market exchange rates); real GDP was up by an estimated 6.9%; and the population was 26 million. (Source: IMF)
Cote d'Ivoire is currently our 92nd largest goods trading partner with $1.2 billion in total (two way) goods trade during 2019. Goods exports totaled $278 million; goods imports totaled $924 million. The U.S. goods trade deficit with Cote d'Ivoire was $645 million in 2019.
- Cote d'Ivoire was the United States' 122nd largest goods export market in 2019.
- U.S. goods exports to Cote d'Ivoire in 2019 were $279 million, down 10.0% ($31 million) from 2018 but up 35.2% from 2009.
- The top export categories (2-digit HS) in 2019 were: plastics ($75 million), mineral fuels ($59 million), machinery ($34 million), vehicles ($19 million), and organic chemicals ($13 million).
- U.S. total exports of agricultural products to Cote d'Ivoire totaled $18 million in 2019. Leading domestic export categories include: condiments & sauces ($8 million), rice ($6 million), prepared food ($1 million), processed vegetables ($1 million), and beef & beef products ($580 thousand).
- Cote d'Ivoire was the United States' 81st largest supplier of goods imports in 2019.
- U.S. goods imports from Cote d'Ivoire totaled $924 million in 2019, down 26% ($324 million) from 2018, but up 24% from 2009.
- The top import categories (2-digit HS) in 2019 were: cocoa ($656 million), mineral fuels ($133 million), rubber ($87 million), edible fruit & nuts (cocoa, brazil, cashew) ($24 million), and wood and wood products ($5 million).
- U.S. total imports of agricultural products from Cote d'Ivoire totaled $771 million in 2019. Leading categories include: cocoa beans ($486 million), cocoa paste & cocoa butter ($159 million), rubber & allied products ($87 million), tree nuts ($24 million), and snack foods ($11 million).
- The U.S. goods trade deficit with Cote d'Ivoire was $645 million in 2019, a 31.2% decrease ($293 million) over 2018.
- Data on U.S. FDI in Cote D'Ivoire are unavailable.
- No data on Cote D'Ivoire's FDI in the U.S. are available.
NOTE: No services trade data with Cote d'Ivoire are available.