AGOA Status: Guinea is not eligible for AGOA this year.
U.S.-Guinea Trade Facts
In 2019, Guinea GDP was an estimated $13.4 billion (current market exchange rates); real GDP was up by an estimated 5.6%; and the population was 14 million. (Source: IMF)
Guinea is currently our 161st largest goods trading partner with $137 million in total (two way) goods trade during 2019. Goods exports totaled $128 million; goods imports totaled $9 million. The U.S. goods trade surplus with Guinea was $119 million in 2019.
- Guinea was the United States' 141st largest goods export market in 2019.
- U.S. goods exports to Guinea in 2019 were $128 million, up 0.8% ($991 million) from 2018 and up 35% from 2009.
- The top export categories (2-digit HS) in 2019 were: vehicles ($20 million), plastics ($15 million), inorganic chemicals ($14 million), special other (returns) ($13 million), and machinery ($12 million).
- U.S. total exports of agricultural products to Guinea totaled $22 million in 2019. Leading domestic export categories include: rice ($11 million), poultry meat & products (ex. eggs) ($6 million), condiments & sauces ($4 million), prepared food ($733 thousand), and beef & beef products ($389 thousand).
- Guinea was the United States' 175th largest supplier of goods imports in 2019.
- U.S. goods imports from Guinea totaled $9 million in 2019, up 58% ($3 million) from 2018, but down 86% from 2009.
- The top import categories (2-digit HS) in 2019 were: special other (returns) ($3 million), ores, slag, and ash (aluminum) ($2 million), precious metal and stone (gold) ($1 million), metal tools, implements, cutlery (handsaw) ($1 million), and fish and seafood (fish, dried, salted ) ($706 thousand).
- U.S. total imports of agricultural products from Guinea totaled $253 thousand in 2019.
- The U.S. goods trade surplus with Guinea was $118 million in 2019, a 2.0% decrease ($2 million) over 2018.
- U.S. foreign direct investment (FDI) in Guinea (stock) was $268 million in 2019, a 19.1% increase from 2018. There is no information on the distribution of U.S. FDI in Guinea.
- No data on Guinea's FDI in the U.S. are available.