You are here
AGOA Status: Guinea is eligible for AGOA this year.
U.S. - Guinea Trade Facts
Guinea is currently our 160th largest goods trading partner with $133 million in total (two way) goods trade during 2018. Goods exports totaled $127 million; goods imports totaled $6 million. The U.S. goods trade surplus with Guinea was $121 million in 2018.
According to the Department of Commerce, U.S. exports of goods to Guinea supported an estimated 7 hundred jobs in 2015 (latest data available).
- Guinea was the United States' 143rd largest goods export market in 2018.
- U.S. goods exports to Guinea in 2018 were $127 million, up 23.4% ($24 million) from 2017 and up 24.9% from 2008.
- The top export categories (2-digit HS) in 2018 were: machinery ($20 million), vehicles ($19 million), railway vehicles/equipment ($19 million), special other ($14 million), and inorganic chemicals ($11 million).
- U.S. total exports of agricultural products to Guinea totaled $11 million in 2018. Leading domestic export categories include: poultry meat & prods. (ex. eggs) ($6 million), rice ($3 million), condiments & sauces ($1 million), beef & beef products ($337 thousand), and tree nuts ($219 thousand).
- Guinea was the United States' 183rd largest supplier of goods imports in 2018.
- U.S. goods imports from Guinea totaled $6 million in 2018, up 2.3% ($135 thousand) from 2017, but down 94% from 2008.
- The top import categories (2-digit HS) in 2018 were: precious metal and stone ($2 million), special other ($987 thousand), animal or vegetable fats and oils ($764 thousand), metal tools, implements, cutlery ($720 thousand), and fish and seafood ($479 thousand).
- U.S. total imports of agricultural products from Guinea totaled $891 thousand in 2018.
- The U.S. goods trade surplus with Guinea was $121 million in 2018, a 24.7% increase ($24 million) over 2017.
U.S. foreign direct investment (FDI) in Guinea (stock) was $11 million in 2016 (latest data available). There is no information on the distribution of U.S. FDI in Guinea.
No data on Guinea's FDI in the U.S. are available. There is no information on the distribution of Guinea FDI in the U.S.
NOTE: No services trade data with Guinea are available.