AGOA Status: Comoros is eligible for AGOA this year.
U.S.-Comoros Trade Facts
In 2019, Comoros GDP was an estimated $1.2 billion (current market exchange rates); real GDP was up by an estimated 1.9%; and the population was 874 thousand. (Source: IMF)
Comoros is currently our 218th largest goods trading partner with $4 million in total (two way) goods trade during 2019. Goods exports totaled $2 million; goods imports totaled $2 million. The U.S. goods trade deficit with Comoros was $551 thousand in 2019.
- Comoros was the United States' 217th largest goods export market in 2019.
- U.S. goods exports to Comoros in 2019 were $2 million, down 45.5% ($1 million) from 2018 and down 7.3% from 2009.
- The top export categories (2-digit HS) in 2019 were: vehicles ($820 thousand), miscellaneous manufactured goods ($304 thousand), optical and medical instruments ($116 thousand), edible fruit & nuts (sowing, seed, fruit) ($61 thousand), and meat (poultry) ($50 thousand).
- U.S. total exports of agricultural products to Comoros totaled $111 thousand in 2019.
- Comoros was the United States' 206th largest supplier of goods imports in 2019.
- U.S. goods imports from Comoros totaled $2 million in 2019, down 30.8% ($920 thousand) from 2018, but up 91.2% from 2009.
- The top import categories (2-digit HS) in 2019 were: perfumery, cosmetics ($1 million), coffee, tea & spice (coffee) ($803 thousand), electrical machinery ($8 thousand), art and antiques ($8 thousand), and special other (low value estimates) ($7 thousand).
- U.S. total imports of agricultural products from Comoros totaled $2 million in 2019.
- The U.S. goods trade deficit with Comoros was $551 thousand in 2019, a 167.4% increase ($345 thousand) over 2018.
- Data on U.S. FDI in Comoros are unavailable.
- No data on Comoros's FDI in the U.S. are available
NOTE: No services trade data with Comoros are available.