AGOA Status: Equatorial Guinea is not eligible for AGOA this year.
Trade Agreements: The U.S. and Equatorial Guinea have no trade or investment agreements.
U.S. - Equatorial Guinea Trade Facts
Equatorial Guinea is currently our 107th largest goods trading partner with $719 million in total (two way) goods trade during 2018. Goods exports totaled $139 million; goods imports totaled $580 million. The U.S. goods trade deficit with Equatorial Guinea was $440 million in 2018.
According to the Department of Commerce, U.S. exports of goods to Equatorial Guinea supported an estimated 8 hundred jobs in 2015 (latest data available).
- Equatorial Guinea was the United States' 140th largest goods export market in 2018.
- U.S. goods exports to Equatorial Guinea in 2018 were $139 million, up 24.6% ($28 million) from 2017 but down 24.4% from 2008.
- The top export categories (2-digit HS) in 2018 were: machinery ($61 million), iron and steel products ($30 million), electrical machinery ($8 million), miscellaneous chemical products ($8 million), and meat (poultry) ($5 million).
- U.S. total exports of agricultural products to Equatorial Guinea totaled $6 million in 2018. Leading domestic export categories include: poultry meat & prods. (ex. eggs) ($5 million), pork & pork products ($172 thousand), prepared food ($115 thousand), snack foods nesoi ($111 thousand), and beef & beef products ($108 thousand).
- Equatorial Guinea was the United States' 87th largest supplier of goods imports in 2018.
- U.S. goods imports from Equatorial Guinea totaled $580 million in 2018, up 62.9% ($224 million) from 2017, but down 82.8% from 2008.
- The top import categories (2-digit HS) in 2018 were: mineral fuels ($454 million), organic chemicals ($122 million), special other (returns) ($4 million), wood and wood products ($79 thousand), and special other (low value estimates) ($31 thousand).
- The U.S. goods trade deficit with Equatorial Guinea was $440 million in 2018, a 80.5% increase ($196 million) over 2017.
- U.S. foreign direct investment (FDI) in Equatorial Guinea (stock) was $654 million in 2017, a 28.7% increase from 2016. There is no information on the distribution of U.S. FDI in Equatorial Guinea.
- Equatorial Guinea's FDI in the United States (stock) was $1 million in 2016 (latest data available). There is no information on the distribution of Equatorial Guinea FDI in the U.S.
NOTE: No services trade data with Equatorial Guinea are available.