You are here
AGOA Status: Eritrea is not eligible for AGOA this year.
U.S. - Eritrea Trade Facts
Eritrea is currently our 212th largest goods trading partner with $8 million in total (two way) goods trade during 2018. Goods exports totaled $8 million; goods imports totaled $275 thousand. The U.S. goods trade surplus with Eritrea was $8 million in 2018.
According to the Department of Commerce, U.S. exports of goods to Eritrea supported an estimated 20 jobs in 2015 (latest data available).
- Eritrea was the United States' 205th largest goods export market in 2018.
- U.S. goods exports to Eritrea in 2018 were $8 million, up 63.1% ($3 million) from 2017 but down 44.9% from 2008.
- The top export categories (2-digit HS) in 2018 were: cereals (grain, sorghum) ($5 million), machinery ($802 thousand), vehicles ($553 thousand), plastics ($487 thousand), and special other (returns) ($305 thousand).
- U.S. total exports of agricultural products to Eritrea totaled $5 million in 2018.
- Eritrea was the United States' 220th largest supplier of goods imports in 2018.
- U.S. goods imports from Eritrea totaled $275 thousand in 2018, up 3.0% ($8 thousand) from 2017, and up 113.6% from 2008.
- The top import categories (2-digit HS) in 2018 were: beverages (beer) ($94 thousand), special other (retrurns) ($79 thousand), vehicles ($27 thousand), special other (low value estimates) ($17 thousand), and machinery ($12 thousand).
- U.S. total imports of agricultural products from Eritrea totaled $51 thousand in 2018.
- The U.S. goods trade surplus with Eritrea was $8 million in 2018, a 66.5% increase ($3 million) over 2017.
Data on U.S. FDI in Eritrea are unavailable. There is no information on the distribution of U.S. FDI in Eritrea.
No data on Eritrea's FDI in the U.S. are available. There is no information on the distribution of Eritrea FDI in the U.S.
NOTE: No services trade data with Eritrea are available.