AGOA Status: Mali is eligible for AGOA this year. It also qualifies for textile and apparel benefits.
U.S.-Mali Trade Facts
Mali is currently our 175th largest goods trading partner with $84 million in total (two way) goods trade during 2018. Goods exports totaled $79 million; goods imports totaled $5 million. The U.S. goods trade surplus with Mali was $74 million in 2018.
According to the Department of Commerce, U.S. exports of goods to Mali supported an estimated 4 hundred jobs in 2015 (latest data available).
- Mali was the United States' 159th largest goods export market in 2018.
U.S. goods exports to Mali in 2018 were $79 million, up 27.5% ($17 million) from 2017 and up 155.1% from 2008.
- The top export categories (2-digit HS) in 2018 were: aircraft ($24 million), machinery ($17 million), electrical machinery ($6 million), rubber ($5 million), and vehicles ($4 million).
- U.S. total exports of agricultural products to Mali totaled $3 million in 2018. Leading domestic export categories include: rice ($857 thousand), vegetable oils (ex. soybean) ($320 thousand), prepared food ($186 thousand), pulses ($182 thousand), and non-alcoholic bev. (ex. juices) ($53 thousand).
- Mali was the United States' 189th largest supplier of goods imports in 2018.
- U.S. goods imports from Mali totaled $5 million in 2018, up 63.7% ($2 million) from 2017, but down 6.8% from 2008.
- The top import categories (2-digit HS) in 2018 were: art and antiques ($2 million), machinery ($1 million), electrical machinery ($474 thousand), animal or vegetable fats and oils ($371 thousand), and special other ($222 thousand).
- U.S. total imports of agricultural products from Mali totaled $442 thousand in 2018.
The U.S. goods trade surplus with Mali was $74 million in 2018, a 25.7% increase ($15 million) over 2017.
Data on U.S. FDI in Mali are unavailable. There is no information on the distribution of U.S. FDI in Mali.
No data on Mali's FDI in the U.S. are available. There is no information on the distribution of Mali FDI in the U.S.
NOTE: No services trade data with Mali are available.