You are here
AGOA Status: Niger is eligible for AGOA this year.
U.S.-Niger Trade Facts
Niger is currently our 173rd largest goods trading partner with $91 million in total (two way) goods trade during 2018. Goods exports totaled $62 million; goods imports totaled $30 million. The U.S. goods trade surplus with Niger was $32 million in 2018.
- Niger was the United States' 164th largest goods export market in 2018.
- U.S. goods exports to Niger in 2018 were $62 million, up 40.0% ($18 million) from 2017 and up 23.4% from 2008.
- The top export categories (2-digit HS) in 2018 were: aircraft ($36 million), electrical machinery ($8 million), machinery ($6 million), plastics ($3 million), and vehicles ($2 million).
- U.S. total exports of agricultural products to Niger totaled $111 thousand in 2018.
- Niger was the United States' 153rd largest supplier of goods imports in 2018.
- U.S. goods imports from Niger totaled $30 million in 2018, up 308.4% ($22 million) from 2017, but down 33.4% from 2008.
- The top import categories (2-digit HS) in 2018 were: special other ($23 million), art and antiques ($3 million), machinery ($800 thousand), electrical machinery ($762 thousand), and live animals ($391 thousand).
- U.S. total imports of agricultural products from Niger totaled $610 thousand in 2018.
- The U.S. goods trade surplus with Niger was $32 million in 2018, a 12.6% decrease ($5 million) over 2017.
Data on U.S. FDI in Niger are unavailable. There is no information on the distribution of U.S. FDI in Niger.
No data on Niger's FDI in the U.S. are available. There is no information on the distribution of Niger FDI in the U.S.
NOTE: No services trade data with Niger are available.