You are here
AGOA Status: Burkina Faso is eligible for AGOA this year. It also qualifies for textile and apparel benefits.
U.S.-Burkina Faso Trade Facts
Burkina Faso is currently our 178th largest goods trading partner with $58 million in total (two way) goods trade during 2015. Goods exports totaled $54 million; goods imports totaled $4 million. The U.S. goods trade surplus with Burkina Faso was $51 million in 2015.
- Burkina Faso was the United States' 164th largest goods export market in 2015.
- U.S. goods exports to Burkina Faso in 2015 were $54 million, down 25% ($18 million) from 2014 but up 117% from 2005.
- The top export categories (2-digit HS) in 2015 were: machinery ($17 million), pharmaceuticals ($16 million), optical and medical instruments ($3 million), cereals (rice) ($2 million), and special other (low value estimate) ($2 million).
- U.S. exports of agricultural products to Burkina Faso totaled $7 million in 2015.
- Burkina Faso was the United States' 191st largest supplier of goods imports in 2015.
- U.S. goods imports from Burkina Faso totaled $4 million in 2015, down 42% ($3 million) from 2014, but up 72% from 2005.
- The top import categories (2-digit HS) in 2015 were: special other (returns) ($2 million), preserved food (cashews) ($385 thousand), electrical machinery ($155 thousand), art and antiques ($126 thousand), and edible fruit & nuts (cashews,mangos) ($118 thousand).
- U.S. imports of agricultural products from Burkina Faso totaled $669 thousand in 2015.
- The U.S. goods trade surplus with Burkina Faso was $51 million in 2015, a 23.1% decrease ($15 million) over 2014.
- Data on U.S. FDI in Burkina Faso are unavailable.
- No data on Burkina Faso's FDI in the U.S. are available.
NOTE: No services trade data with Burkina Faso are available.