You are here
U.S.-Togo Trade Facts
Togo is currently our 115th largest goods trading partner with $577 million in total (two way) goods trade during 2018. Goods exports totaled $564 million; goods imports totaled $13 million. The U.S. goods trade surplus with Togo was $551 million in 2018.
According to the Department of Commerce, U.S. exports of goods to Togo supported an estimated 9 hundred jobs in 2015 (latest data available).
- Togo was the United States' 97th largest goods export market in 2018.
- U.S. goods exports to Togo in 2018 were $564 million, up 17.0% ($82 million) from 2017 and up 381.2% from 2008.
- The top export categories (2-digit HS) in 2018 were: mineral fuels ($465 million), vehicles ($46 million), organic chemicals ($17 million), plastics ($8 million), and miscellaneous food ($5 million).
- U.S. total exports of agricultural products to Togo totaled $12 million in 2018. Leading domestic export categories include: condiments & sauces ($3 million), prepared food ($1 million), vegetable oils (ex. soybean) ($1 million), pulses ($946 thousand), and rice ($313 thousand).
- Togo was the United States' 170th largest supplier of goods imports in 2018.
- U.S. goods imports from Togo totaled $13 million in 2018, down 10.8% ($2 million) from 2017, but up 17.2% from 2008.
- The top import categories (2-digit HS) in 2018 were: artificial flowers, feather or down articles ($6 million), special other ($2 million), edible fruit & nuts $1 million), soap, wax, dental prep ($996 thousand), and animal or vegetable fats and oils ($576 thousand).
- U.S. total imports of agricultural products from Togo totaled $2 million in 2018.
- The U.S. goods trade surplus with Togo was $551 million in 2018, a 17.8% increase ($83 million) over 2017.
Data on U.S. FDI in Togo are unavailable. There is no information on the distribution of U.S. FDI in Togo.
No data on Togo's FDI in the U.S. are available. There is no information on the distribution of Togo FDI in the U.S.
NOTE: No services trade data with Togo are available.