AGOA Status: Zimbabwe is not eligible for AGOA this year.
Trade Agreements: The U.S. and the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA), which includes Zimbabwe, have a Trade & Investment Framework Agreement (TIFA).
U.S.-Zimbabwe Trade Facts
In 2019, Zimbabwe GDP was an estimated $12.8 billion (current market exchange rates); real GDP was down by an estimated 8.3%; and the population was 15 million. (Source: IMF)
Zimbabwe is currently our 174th largest goods trading partner with $87 million in total (two way) goods trade during 2019. Goods exports totaled $40 million; goods imports totaled $47 million. The U.S. goods trade deficit with Zimbabwe was $7 million in 2019.
- Zimbabwe was the United States' 174th largest goods export market in 2019.
- U.S. goods exports to Zimbabwe in 2019 were $40 million, up 18.4% ($6 million) from 2018 but down 53.2% from 2009.
- The top export categories (2-digit HS) in 2019 were: machinery ($10 million), vehicles ($7 million), aircraft ($4 million), baking related products ($4 million), and fertilizers ($2 million).
- U.S. total exports of agricultural products to Zimbabwe totaled $6 million in 2019. Leading domestic export categories include: other intermediate products ($4 million), coarse grains (excluding corn) ($933 thousand), planting seeds ($329 thousand), dairy products ($278 thousand), and vegetable oils (excluding soybean) ($223 thousand).
- Zimbabwe was the United States' 141st largest supplier of goods imports in 2019.
- U.S. goods imports from Zimbabwe totaled $47 million in 2019, down 37.6% ($28 million) from 2018, but up 112.9% from 2009.
- The top import categories (2-digit HS) in 2019 were: iron and steel ($20 million), tobacco ($10 million), sugar ($7 million), coffee, tea & spice (tea) ($5 million), and art and antiques ($1 million).
- U.S. total imports of agricultural products from Zimbabwe totaled $23 million in 2019. Leading categories include: tobacco ($10 million), raw beet and cane sugar ($7 million), tea, including herberbal ($4 million), nursery products ($1 million), and spices ($521 thousand).
- The U.S. goods trade deficit with Zimbabwe was $7 million in 2019, a 83.0% decrease ($35 million) over 2018.
- Data on U.S. FDI in Zimbabwe are unavailable. There is no information on the distribution of U.S. FDI in Zimbabwe.
- No data on Zimbabwe's FDI in the U.S. are available. There is no information on the distribution of Zimbabwe FDI in the U.S.
NOTE: No services trade data with Zimbabwe are available