AGOA Status: Guinea-Bissau is eligible for AGOA this year.
Trade Agreements: The U.S. and the West African Economic and Monetary Union (UEMOA), which includes Guinea-Bissau, have a Trade & Investment Framework Agreement (TIFA).
U.S. - Guinea-Bissau Trade Facts
In 2018, Guinea-Bissau GDP was an estimated $1.5 billion (current market exchange rates); real GDP was up by an estimated 3.8%; and the population was 2 million. (Source: IMF)
Guinea-Bissau is currently our 201st largest goods trading partner with $19 million in total (two way) goods trade during 2018. Goods exports totaled $19 million; goods imports totaled $194 thousand. The U.S. goods trade surplus with Guinea-Bissau was $18 million in 2018.
According to the Department of Commerce, U.S. exports of goods to Guinea-Bissau supported an estimated 11 jobs in 2015 (latest data available).
- Guinea-Bissau was the United States' 189th largest goods export market in 2018.
- U.S. goods exports to Guinea-Bissau in 2018 were $19 million, up 394.6% ($15 million) from 2017 and up 793.5% from 2008.
- The top export categories (2-digit HS) in 2018 were: cereals ($17 million), vegetables ($346 thousand), animal or vegetable fats and oils ($334 thousand), special other ($325 thousand), and meat ($323 thousand).
- U.S. total exports of agricultural products to Guinea-Bissau totaled $18 million in 2018.
- Guinea-Bissau was the United States' 223rd largest supplier of goods imports in 2018.
- U.S. goods imports from Guinea-Bissau totaled $194 thousand in 2018, up 919.9% ($175 thousand) from 2017, and up 18.2% from 2008.
- The top import categories (2-digit HS) in 2018 were: edible fruit & nuts ($151 thousand), special other ($20 thousand), machinery ($19 thousand), optical and medical instruments ($3 thousand), and special other ($1 thousand).
- U.S. total imports of agricultural products from Guinea-Bissau totaled $151 thousand in 2018.
- The U.S. goods trade surplus with Guinea-Bissau was $18 million in 2018, a 391.9% increase ($15 million) over 2017.
Data on U.S. FDI in Guinea-Bissau are unavailable. There is no information on the distribution of U.S. FDI in Guinea-Bissau.
No data on Guinea-Bissau's FDI in the U.S. are available. There is no information on the distribution of Guinea-Bissau FDI in the U.S.
NOTE: No services trade data with Guinea-Bissau are available.