You are here
AGOA Status: The Gambia is eligible for AGOA this year
U.S. - Gambia Trade Facts
The Gambia is currently our 188th largest goods trading partner with $42 million in total (two way) goods trade during 2018. Goods exports totaled $41 million; goods imports totaled $565 thousand. The U.S. goods trade surplus with The Gambia was $41 million in 2018.
According to the Department of Commerce, U.S. exports of goods to The Gambia supported an estimated 2 hundred jobs in 2015 (latest data available).
- The Gambia was the United States' 176th largest goods export market in 2018.
- U.S. goods exports to The Gambia in 2018 were $41 million, up 5.6% ($2 million) from 2017 and up 43.4% from 2008.
- The top export categories (2-digit HS) in 2018 were: meat ($12 million), vehicles ($10 million), miscellaneous food ($8 million), plastics ($4 million), and furniture and bedding ($2 million).
- U.S. total exports of agricultural products to The Gambia totaled $20 million in 2018.
- The Gambia was the United States' 217th largest supplier of goods imports in 2018.
- U.S. goods imports from The Gambia totaled $565 thousand in 2018, down 41.4% ($399 thousand) from 2017, and down 11.9% from 2008.
- The top import categories (2-digit HS) in 2018 were: fish and seafood ($204 thousand), machinery ($106 thousand), animal or vegetable fats and oils ($43 thousand), low value estimates ($41 thousand), and electrical machinery ($32 thousand).
- U.S. total imports of agricultural products from The Gambia totaled $71 thousand in 2018.
- The U.S. goods trade surplus with The Gambia was $41 million in 2018, a 6.7% increase ($3 million) over 2017.
Data on U.S. FDI in The Gambia are unavailable. There is no information on the distribution of U.S. FDI in The Gambia.
No data on The Gambia's FDI in the U.S. are available. There is no information on the distribution of The Gambia FDI in the U.S.
NOTE: No services trade data with The Gambia are available.