You are here
AGOA Status: Gabon is eligible for AGOA this year.
U.S. - Gabon Bilateral Trade Facts
Gabon is currently our 130th largest goods trading partner with $402 million in total (two way) goods trade during 2018. Goods exports totaled $113 million; goods imports totaled $288 million. The U.S. goods trade deficit with Gabon was $175 million in 2018.
According to the Department of Commerce, U.S. exports of goods to Gabon supported an estimated 1 thousand jobs in 2015 (latest data available).
- Gabon was the United States' 148th largest goods export market in 2018.
- U.S. goods exports to Gabon in 2018 were $113 million, up 27.0% ($24 million) from 2017 but down 60.2% from 2008.
- The top export categories (2-digit HS) in 2018 were: machinery ($27 million), meat (poultry) ($16 million), electrical machinery ($15 million), aircraft ($13 million), and ships and boats ($8 million).
- U.S. total exports of agricultural products to Gabon totaled $16 million in 2018. Leading domestic export categories include: poultry meat & prods. (ex. eggs) ($13 million), beef & beef products ($3 million), cotton ($393 thousand), prepared food ($102 thousand), and other meat products ($54 thousand).
- Gabon was the United States' 108th largest supplier of goods imports in 2018.
- U.S. goods imports from Gabon totaled $288 million in 2018, up 45.1% ($90 million) from 2017, but down 87.3% from 2008.
- The top import categories (2-digit HS) in 2018 were: mineral fuels ($182 million), ores, slag, and ash (manganese) ($85 million), wood and wood products ($7 million), rubber ($5 million), and art and antiques ($5 million).
- U.S. total imports of agricultural products from Gabon totaled $5 million in 2018. The leading category is: rubber & allied products ($5 million).
- The U.S. goods trade deficit with Gabon was $175 million in 2018, a 59.7% increase ($66 million) over 2017.
Data on U.S. FDI in Gabon are unavailable. There is no information on the distribution of U.S. FDI in Gabon.
Gabon's FDI in the United States (stock) was $1 million in 2017. There is no information on the distribution of Gabon FDI in the U.S.
NOTE: No services trade data with Gabon are available.