AGOA Status: Angola is eligible for AGOA this year.
Trade Agreements: The U.S. and Angola signed a Trade & Investment Framework Agreement (TIFA) in 2009. The first meeting of the United States-Angolan Council on Trade and Investment was held in June 2010 in Luanda.
U.S.-Angola Trade Facts
In 2019, Angola GDP was an estimated $91.5 billion (current market exchange rates); real GDP was down by an estimated 1.5%; and the population was 30 million. (Source: IMF)
Angola is currently our 85th largest goods trading partner with $1.5 billion in total (two way) goods trade during 2019. Goods exports totaled $535 million; goods imports totaled $955 million. The U.S. goods trade deficit with Angola was $420 million in 2019.
- Angola was the United States' 98th largest goods export market in 2019.
- U.S. goods exports to Angola in 2019 were $535 million, up 1.9% ($10 million) from 2018 but down 62.4% from 2009.
- The top export categories (2-digit HS) in 2019 were: machinery ($204 million), meat (poultry) ($154 million), electrical machinery ($24 million), miscellaneous chemical products ($19 million), and iron and steel products ($17 million).
- U.S. total exports of agricultural products to Angola totaled $160 million in 2019. Leading domestic export categories include: poultry meat & products (ex. eggs) ($150 million), beef & beef products ($4 million), wheat ($3 million), planting seeds ($1 million), and prepared food ($703 thousand).
- Angola was the United States' 79th largest supplier of goods imports in 2019.
- U.S. goods imports from Angola totaled $955 million in 2019, down 64.6% ($1.7 billion) from 2018, and down 89.8% from 2009.
- The top import categories (2-digit HS) in 2019 were: mineral fuels ($887 million), precious metal and stone (diamonds) ($56 million), special other (returns) ($10 million), iron and steel products ($1 million), and electrical machinery ($74 thousand).
- U.S. total imports of agricultural products from Angola totaled $23 thousand in 2019.
- The U.S. goods trade deficit with Angola was $418 million in 2019, a 80.7% decrease ($1.8 billion) over 2018.
- Data on U.S. FDI in Angola are unavailable. There is no information on the distribution of U.S. FDI in Angola.
- No data on Angola's FDI in the U.S. are available. There is no information on the distribution of Angola FDI in the U.S.
NOTE: No services trade data with Angola are available.