AGOA Status: Sudan is not eligible for AGOA this year.
U.S.-Sudan Trade Facts
Sudan is currently our 168th largest goods trading partner with $111 million in total (two way) goods trade during 2018. Goods exports totaled $95 million; goods imports totaled $16 million. The U.S. goods trade surplus with Sudan was $79 million in 2018.
According to the Department of Commerce, U.S. exports of goods to Sudan supported an estimated 4 hundred jobs in 2015 (latest data available).
- Sudan was the United States' 153rd largest goods export market in 2018.
- U.S. goods exports to Sudan totaled $95 million in 2018.
- The top export categories (2-digit HS) in 2018 were: cereals ($32 million), animal or vegetable fats and oils ($13 million), vegetables ($12 million), machinery ($9 million), and pharmaceuticals ($6 million).
- U.S. total exports of agricultural products to Sudan totaled $72 million in 2018. Leading domestic export categories include: coarse grains (ex. corn) ($32 million), vegetable oils (ex. soybean) ($13 million), pulses ($12 million), live animals ($6 million), and planting seeds ($5 million).
- Sudan was the United States' 163rd largest supplier of goods imports in 2018.
- U.S. goods imports from Sudan totaled $16 million in 2018.
- The top import categories (2-digit HS) in 2018 were: vegetable saps and extracts ($15 million), vegetables ($140 thousand), live animals ($120 thousand), miscellaneous grain, seeds, fruit ($68 thousand), and special other ($22 thousand).
- U.S. total imports of agricultural products from Sudan totaled $407 thousand in 2018.
- The U.S. goods trade surplus with Sudan was $79 million in 2018, a 40.3% increase ($23 million) over 2017.
Data on U.S. FDI in Sudan are unavailable.
No data on Sudan's FDI in the U.S. are available.
NOTE: No services trade data with Sudan are available.