AGOA Status: Central African Republic is not eligible for AGOA this year.
Trade Agreements: The U.S. and Central African Republic have no trade or investment agreements.
U.S.-Central African Republic Trade Facts
In 2019, Central African Republic GDP was an estimated $2.3 billion (current market exchange rates); real GDP was up by an estimated 3.0%; and the population was 5 million. (Source: IMF)
Central African Republic is currently our 198th largest goods trading partner with $21 million in total (two way) goods trade during 2019. Goods exports totaled $17 million; goods imports totaled $4 million. The U.S. goods trade surplus with Central African Republic was $13 million in 2019.
- Central African Republic was the United States' 195th largest goods export market in 2019.
- U.S. goods exports to Central African Republic in 2019 were $17 million, up 71.9% ($7 million) from 2018 but down 46.1% from 2009.
- The top export categories (2-digit HS) in 2019 were: electrical machinery ($4 million), art and antiques ($4 million), special other (returns) ($3 million), machinery ($2 million), and paper, paperboard ($503 thousand).
- U.S. total exports of agricultural products to Central African Republic totaled $711 thousand in 2019.
- Central African Republic was the United States' 195th largest supplier of goods imports in 2019.
- U.S. goods imports from Central African Republic totaled $4 million in 2019, up 26.9% ($749 thousand) from 2018, and up 4.3% from 2009.
- The top import categories (2-digit HS) in 2019 were: precious metal and stone (diamonds) ($2 million), wood and wood products ($1 million), preserved food (other fruit) ($250 thousand), artificial flowers, feather or down articles ($176 thousand), and miscellaneous grain, seed, fruit (plants) ($132 thousand).
- U.S. total imports of agricultural products from Central African Republic totaled $450 thousand in 2019.
- The U.S. goods trade surplus with Central African Republic was $13 million in 2019, a 89.6% increase ($6 million) over 2018.
- Data on U.S. FDI in Central African Republic are unavailable.
- No data on Central African Republic's FDI in the U.S. are available
NOTE: No services trade data with Central African Republic are available.