In 2019, Algeria GDP was an estimated $172.8 billion (current market exchange rates); real GDP was up by an estimated 0.7%; and the population was 43 million. (Source: IMF)
Algeria is currently our 68th largest goods trading partner with $3.5 billion in total (two way) goods trade during 2019. Goods exports totaled $1000 million; goods imports totaled $2.5 billion. The U.S. goods trade deficit with Algeria was $1.5 billion in 2019.
- Algeria was the United States' 79th largest goods export market in 2019.
- U.S. goods exports to Algeria in 2019 were $1000 million, down 20.7% ($261 million) from 2018 and down 9.7% from 2009.
- The top export categories (2-digit HS) in 2019 were: machinery ($324 million), cereals (wheat) ($121 million), mineral fuels ($119 million), plastics ($81 million), and electrical machinery ($73 million).
- U.S. total exports of agricultural products to Algeria totaled $198 million in 2019. Leading domestic export categories include: wheat ($121 million), tree nuts ($33 million), dairy products ($15 million), soybeans ($11 million), and feeds & fodders not elsewhere specified or indicated ($4 million).
- Algeria was the United States' 62nd largest supplier of goods imports in 2019.
- U.S. goods imports from Algeria totaled $2.5 billion in 2019, down 46.3% ($2.1 billion) from 2018, and down 77% from 2009.
- The top import categories (2-digit HS) in 2019 were: mineral fuels ($2.3 billion), fertilizers ($116 million), special other (returns) ($49 million), iron and steel ($37 million), and edible fruit & nuts (date, fig, pineapple) ($14 million).
- U.S. total imports of agricultural products from Algeria totaled $14 million in 2019. The leading category is: processed fruit & vegetables ($14 million).
- The U.S. goods trade deficit with Algeria was $1.5 billion in 2019, a decrease of $1.9 billion from 2018.
- U.S. foreign direct investment (FDI) in Algeria (stock) was $2.7 billion in 2019, a 7.7% decrease from 2018. There is no information on the distribution of U.S. FDI in Algeria.
- No data on Algeria's FDI in the U.S. are available. There is no information on the distribution of Algeria FDI in the U.S.
NOTE: No services trade data with Algeria are available.