You are here
U.S.-Uzbekistan Trade Facts
In 2017, Uzbekistan GDP was an estimated $47.9 billion (current market exchange rates); real GDP was up by an estimated 5.3%; and the population was 32 million. (Source: IMF)
Uzbekistan is currently our 156th largest goods trading partner with $150 million in total (two way) goods trade during 2017. Goods exports totaled $136 million; goods imports totaled $14 million. The U.S. goods trade surplus with Uzbekistan was $122 million in 2017.
According to the Department of Commerce, U.S. exports of goods to Uzbekistan supported an estimated 4 hundred jobs in 2015 (latest data available).
- Uzbekistan was the United States' 133rd largest goods export market in 2017.
- U.S. goods exports to Uzbekistan in 2017 were $136 million, down 57.2% ($182 million) from 2016 but up 53.3% from 2007.
- The top export categories (2-digit HS) in 2017 were: special other (articles donated for relief) ($76 million), rubber ($11 million), aircraft ($9 million), books, newspapers ($8 million), and electrical machinery ($6 million).
- U.S. total exports of agricultural products to Uzbekistan totaled $6 million in 2017.
- Uzbekistan was the United States' 162nd largest supplier of goods imports in 2017.
- U.S. goods imports from Uzbekistan totaled $14 million in 2017, down 53.4% ($16 million) from 2016, and down 91.3% from 2007.
- The top import categories (2-digit HS) in 2017 were: special other (returns) ($5 million), inorganic chemicals ($2 million), edible fruit & nuts (grapes, dried raisin) ($2 million), miscellaneous grain, seeds, fruit (plants, medicinal, perfume) ($1 million), and coffee, tea & spice (pepper) ($1 million).
- U.S. total imports of agricultural products from Uzbekistan totaled $5 million in 2017.
- The U.S. goods trade surplus with Uzbekistan was $122 million in 2017, a 57.6% decrease ($165 million) over 2016.
- U.S. foreign direct investment (FDI) in Uzbekistan (stock) was $69 million in 2017, a 9.2% decrease from 2016. There is no information on the distribution of U.S. FDI in Uzbekistan.
- No data on Uzbekistan's FDI in the U.S. are available. There is no information on the distribution of Uzbekistan FDI in the U.S.
NOTE: No services trade data with Uzbekistan are available.