In 2019, Georgia GDP was an estimated $15.9 billion (current market exchange rates); real GDP was up by an estimated 5.1%; and the population was 4 million. (Source: IMF)
Georgia is currently our 100th largest goods trading partner with $921 million in total (two way) goods trade during 2019. Goods exports totaled $769 million; goods imports totaled $153 million. The U.S. goods trade surplus with Georgia was $616 million in 2019.
According to the Department of Commerce, U.S. exports of goods to Georgia supported an estimated 2 thousand jobs in 2015 (latest data available).
- Georgia was the United States' 84th largest goods export market in 2019.
- U.S. goods exports to Georgia in 2019 were $769 million, up 61.0% ($291 million) from 2018 and up 111.3% from 2009.
- The top export categories (2-digit HS) in 2019 were: vehicles ($512 million), meat (poultry) ($89 million), machinery ($44 million), ores, slag, and ash (preciuos metals, ores) ($34 million), and optical and medical instruments ($17 million).
- U.S. total exports of agricultural products to Georgia totaled $108 million in 2019. The leading domestic export category is: poultry meat & products (ex. eggs) ($88 million).
- Georgia was the United States' 110th largest supplier of goods imports in 2019.
- U.S. goods imports from Georgia totaled $153 million in 2019, down 19.8% ($38 million) from 2018, but up 119.0% from 2009.
- The top import categories (2-digit HS) in 2019 were: iron and steel ($108 million), inorganic chemicals ($11 million), beverages (wine) ($5 million), special other (returns) ($5 million), and machinery ($4 million).
- U.S. total imports of agricultural products from Georgia totaled $6 million in 2019. Leading categories include: wine and beer ($3 million), fruit & vegetable juices ($2 million), tree nuts ($430 thousand), cheese ($323 thousand), and processed fruit & vegetables ($165 thousand).
- The U.S. goods trade surplus with Georgia was $616 million in 2019, a 114.4% increase ($329 million) over 2018.
- U.S. foreign direct investment (FDI) in Georgia (stock) was $35 million in 2018 (latest data available). There is no information on the distribution of U.S. FDI in Georgia.
- No data on Georgia's FDI in the U.S. are available.