In 2019, Azerbaijan GDP was an estimated $47.2 billion (current market exchange rates); real GDP was up by an estimated 2.3%; and the population was 10 million. (Source: IMF)
Azerbaijan is currently our 125th largest goods trading partner with $400 million in total (two way) goods trade during 2019. Goods exports totaled $374 million; goods imports totaled $26 million. The U.S. goods trade surplus with Azerbaijan was $348 million in 2019.
According to the Department of Commerce, U.S. exports of goods to Azerbaijan supported an estimated 3 thousand jobs in 2015 (latest data available).
- Azerbaijan was the United States' 114th largest goods export market in 2019.
- U.S. goods exports to Azerbaijan in 2019 were $374 million, up 19.3 percent ($60 million) from 2018 and up 102 percent from 2009.
- The top export categories (2-digit HS) in 2019 were: aircraft ($197 million), machinery ($81 million), electrical machinery ($29 million), optical and medical instruments ($19 million), and miscellaneous chemical products ($10 million).
- U.S. total exports of agricultural products to Azerbaijan totaled $2 million in 2019.
- Azerbaijan was the United States' 153th largest supplier of goods imports in 2019.
- U.S. goods imports from Azerbaijan totaled $26 million in 2019, down 94.9 percent ($479 million) from 2018, and down 99 percent from 2009.
- The top import categories (2-digit HS) in 2019 were: special other ( ) ($16 million), aluminum ($3 million), electrical machinery ($3 million), machinery ($826 thousand), and preserved food ( ) ($753 thousand).
- U.S. total imports of agricultural products from Azerbaijan totaled $1 million in 2019.
- The U.S. trade balance with Azerbaijan shifted from a goods trade deficit of $191 million in 2018 to a goods trade surplus of $348 million in 2019.
- Data on U.S. FDI in Azerbaijan are not available. There is no information on the distribution of U.S. FDI in Azerbaijan.
- Data on Azerbaijan's FDI in the U.S. are not available. There is no information on the distribution of Azerbaijan FDI in the U.S