In 2019, Armenia GDP was an estimated $13.4 billion (current market exchange rates); real GDP was up by an estimated 7.6%; and the population was 3 million. (Source: IMF)
Armenia is currently our 166th largest goods trading partner with $108 million in total (two way) goods trade during 2019. Goods exports totaled $53 million; goods imports totaled $55 million. The U.S. goods trade deficit with Armenia was $2 million in 2019
- Armenia was the United States' 170th largest goods export market in 2019.
- U.S. goods exports to Armenia in 2019 were $53 million, up 15.7% ($7 million) from 2018 but down 31.4% from 2009.
- The top export categories (2-digit HS) in 2019 were: electrical machinery ($11 million), vehicles ($11 million), precious metal and stone (diamonds) ($7 million), meat (poultry) ($6 million), and art and antiques ($4 million).
- U.S. total exports of agricultural products to Armenia totaled $7 million in 2019. Leading domestic export categories include: poultry meat & products (ex. eggs) ($6 million), tree nuts ($283 thousand), prepared food ($63 thousand), planting seeds ($51 thousand), and chocolate & cocoa products ($40 thousand).
- Armenia was the United States' 138th largest supplier of goods imports in 2019.
- U.S. goods imports from Armenia totaled $55 million in 2019, up 2.1% ($1 million) from 2018, but down 29% from 2009.
- The top import categories (2-digit HS) in 2019 were: aluminum ($22 million), precious metal and stone (diamonds) ($10 million), woven apparel ($9 million), beverages (ethyl alcohol) ($6 million), and preserved food (jam, jelly) ($3 million).
- U.S. total imports of agricultural products from Armenia totaled $6 million in 2019. Leading categories include: processed fruit & vegetables ($2 million), wine and beer ($1 million), cheese ($654 thousand), fruit & vegetable juices ($170 thousand), and other dairy products ($163 thousand).
- The U.S. goods trade deficit with Armenia was $2 million in 2019, a 73.2% decrease ($6 million) over 2018.
- U.S. foreign direct investment (FDI) in Armenia (stock) was $6 million in 2019, a 14.3% decrease from 2018. There is no information on the distribution of U.S. FDI in Armenia.
- Armenia's FDI in the United States (stock) was $3 million in 2019, unchanged from 2018. There is no information on the distribution of Armenia FDI in the U.S.
NOTE: No services trade data with Armenia are available