- Establish a fair dispute settlement mechanism for resolving disputes.
- Establish a transparent dispute settlement mechanism to allow the public to follow proceedings by:
- Ensuring that submissions are made publicly available.
- Requiring hearings to be open to the public, and final decisions by panels to be made publicly available.
- Ensuring that non-governmental entities have the right to request making written submissions to panels during disputes.
- Put in place procedures to allow countries to settle disputes on matters arising under the TPP in a timely and effective manner.
For more information on dispute settlement, visit WWW.USTR.GOV/TRADE-AGREEMENTS/WTO-MULTILATERAL-AFFAIRS/WTO-ISSUES/DISPUTE-SETTLEMENT