- Remove tariff and non-tariff barriers that limit trade and impede growth and development.
- Establish the strongest standards for protecting workers and the environment ever included in a trade Agreement.
- Enhance food security by eliminating barriers to agricultural goods.
- Promote transparency, participation, and accountability in government decision-making and fight corruption.
- Secure Agreement on cooperative development activities TPP countries could conduct in areas to:
- Promote broad-based economic growth and sustainable development through policies that take advantage of trade and investment opportunities created by the TPP Agreement.
- Enhance opportunities for women to participate in the domestic and global economy.
- Promote policies related to education, science and technology, research and innovation.
- Establish mechanisms for collaboration and facilitation of capacity-building activities by both TPP government and non-government representatives, as well as the private sector, in order to help TPP workers and businesses, including SMEs and micro- enterprises participate in global trade and take advantage of the Agreement.
For more information on trade and development, visit WWW.USTR.GOV/ISSUE-AREAS/TRADE-DEVELOPMENT