You are here
10th Round Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership Negotiations
July 13 – 17, 2015
The tenth round of U.S. - EU negotiations on the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (T-TIP) agreement will take place in Brussels, Belgium from July 13– 17, 2015. The negotiating teams will discuss in-depth a broad range of T-TIP issues.
On Wednesday, July 15th 2015, during the tenth round of the Transatlantic Trade & Investment Partnership (TTIP) negotiations, taking place in Brussels from July 13-17, 2015, the Directorate General for Trade of the European Commission will organise two stakeholder engagement events.
1. Stakeholder presentations event
From 11:00 to 13:30, stakeholders wishing to make short presentations (5 minutes) on a topic related to the TTIP negotiations will have the opportunity to explain their views to EU and US negotiators as well as to other interested stakeholders.
In order to facilitate engagement with the relevant negotiators, presentations will take place simultaneously in four rooms grouped as following:
- Issues related to manufacturing including regulatory coherence, technical barriers to trade (TBT), specific sectors, energy and raw materials
- Issues related to agriculture including agricultural market access, related regulatory issues and Geographical Indications
- Issues related to services, investment and public procurement
- Issues related to rules – sustainable development, customs and trade facilitation, competition & state-owned enterprises (SOEs), intellectual property rights, small and medium enterprises (SMEs)
Note: presentations may be allocated in a different room than initially planned depending on the demand and timing available. The confirmation of registration and a schedule of presentations will be provided to participants by 8 July 2015. The schedule will also be published on DG Trade website.
2. Chief negotiators’ briefing to stakeholders
From 14:30-16:00, stakeholders will be briefed in detail by the EU and US chief negotiators on the status of the negotiations and will have the opportunity to exchange views with them.
Date: Wednesday, July 15, 2015
- 11:00 to 13:30: Stakeholder presentations event
- 14:30 to 16:00: Chief negotiators' briefing to stakeholders
Venue: Participants will be informed of the venue for these events when their formal registration has been confirmed.
Who can attend these events?
Non-governmental organisations, consumers’ associations, workers/trade unions, professional organisations, industry and business associations, companies, regional/local representatives and other stakeholders from either the European Union or the United States.
Press is also invited to attend the stakeholder presentations event in the morning.
REGISTRATION: Please complete the on-line form (one form per participant).
Due to limited spaces, registration for this event is on a first come, first served basis. Attendance will be limited to 2 participants per organisation.
The registration deadline is Friday, July 3, 2015 at 18:00 CET (12:00 EDT). We will be unable to accommodate any registrations received after this time.
Confirmation of registration: Soon after the close of registration, participants will receive a confirmation email with joining instructions. Presenters will also receive detailed information on the schedule and suggested format for presentations.
Access to the venue will only be possible for registered participants. Any change of name should be communicated to the following email address no later than 13th July at 17:00 CET.