You are here
Public Hearings on Proposed Section 301 Tariff List
The Office of the U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) will hold public hearings from June 17 to June 21, 2019 and, the following week, from June 24 to June 25, 2019, regarding proposed tariffs on approximately $300 billion worth of Chinese products.
The hearings will take place at the U.S. International Trade Commission, 500 E Street SW, Washington, DC 20436.
The proposed tariffs are a supplemental action in response to China’s unfair trade practices related to technology transfer, intellectual property, and innovation, based on the findings in USTR’s investigation of China under Section 301 of the Trade Act of 1974. Tariffs on $250 billion in goods from China are currently in effect under Section 301 trade action.
The Federal Register notice publishing the proposed tariff list and soliciting public comment can be viewed here.
The public hearings will be held at the following times:
- Monday, June 17, 2019 from 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM EDT
- Tuesday, June 18, 2019 from 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM EDT
- Wednesday, June 19, 2019 from 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM EDT
- Thursday, June 20, 2019 from 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM EDT
- Friday, June 21, 2019 from 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM EDT
- Monday, June 24, 2019 from 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM EDT
- Tuesday, June 25, 2019 from 9:30 AM – 4:00 PM EDT
Click here to view a schedule of witnesses.
NOTE: Media and attendees should note that the hearing is on the record but off-camera; no cameras or video or audio recording will be allowed in the hearing room. A full transcript of the hearing will be posted on USTR.gov and the public docket in the investigation. Please contact email@example.com with questions or for information on available media arrangements.