You are here
U.S.-Haiti Trade Facts
Haiti is currently our 74th largest goods trading partner with $2.1 billion in total (two way) goods trade during 2015. Goods exports totaled $1.1 billion; goods imports totaled $950 million. The U.S. goods trade surplus with Haiti was $194 million in 2015.
According to the Department of Commerce, U.S. exports of goods to Haiti supported an estimated 4 thousand jobs in 2014 (latest data available).
- Haiti was the United States' 76th largest goods export market in 2015.
- U.S. goods exports to Haiti in 2015 were $1.1 billion, down 10% ($133 million) from 2014 but up 61% from 2005.
- The top export categories (2-digit HS) in 2015 were: special other (articles donated for relief) ($428 million), cereals (rice) ($216 million), mineral fuels ($65 million), meat (poultry) ($56 million), and machinery ($53 million).
- U.S. exports of agricultural products to Haiti totaled $354 million in 2015. Leading categories include: rice ($189 million), poultry ($57 million), wheat ($26 million), dairy products ($16 million), and pulses ($15 million).
- Haiti was the United States' 75th largest supplier of goods imports in 2015.
- U.S. goods imports from Haiti totaled $950 million in 2015, up 4.6% ($42 million) from 2014, and up 112% from 2005.
- The top import categories (2-digit HS) in 2015 were: knit apparel ($705 million), woven apparel ($190 million), edible fruit & nuts (mangos) ($14 million), special other (returns) ($8 million), and artificial flowers, feather or down articles (synthetic wigs) ($5 million).
- U.S. imports of agricultural products from Haiti totaled $26 million in 2015.
- The U.S. goods trade surplus with Haiti was $194 million in 2015, a 47.4% decrease ($175 million) over 2014.
- Data on U.S. FDI in Haiti are unavailable.
- No data on Haiti's FDI in the U.S. are available.
NOTE: No services trade data with Haiti are available.