You are here
U.S.-Haiti Trade Facts
Haiti is currently our 74th largest goods trading partner with $2.0 billion in total (two way) goods trade during 2016. Goods exports totaled $1.1 billion; goods imports totaled $899 million. The U.S. goods trade surplus with Haiti was $204 million in 2016.
According to the Department of Commerce, U.S. exports of goods to Haiti supported an estimated 4 thousand jobs in 2015 (latest data available).
- Haiti was the United States' 74th largest goods export market in 2016.
- U.S. goods exports to Haiti in 2016 were $1.1 billion, down 3.3% ($38 million) from 2015 but up 34.9% from 2006.
- The top export categories (2-digit HS) in 2016 were: special other (donated products) ($388 million), cereals (rice) ($207 million), mineral fuels ($110 million), meat (poultry) ($64 million), and electrical machinery ($45 million).
- U.S. total exports of agricultural products to Haiti totaled $359 million in 2016. Leading domestic export categories include: rice ($190 million), poultry meat & prods. (ex. eggs) ($68 million), dairy products ($19 million), wheat ($15 million), and pulses ($12 million).
- Haiti was the United States' 77th largest supplier of goods imports in 2016.
- U.S. goods imports from Haiti totaled $899 million in 2016, down 5.4% ($51 million) from 2015, but up 81.1% from 2006.
- The top import categories (2-digit HS) in 2016 were: knit apparel ($683 million), woven apparel ($166 million), special other (returns) ($9 million), edible fruit & nuts (mangos) ($8 million), and perfumery, cosmetics ($7 million).
- U.S. total imports of agricultural products from Haiti totaled $21 million in 2016.
- The U.S. goods trade surplus with Haiti was $204 million in 2016, a 7.0% increase ($13 million) over 2015.
- U.S. foreign direct investment (FDI) in Haiti (stock) was $24 million in 2014 (latest data available).
- No data on Haiti's FDI in the U.S. are available.
NOTE: No services trade data with Haiti are available