You are here
AGOA Status: Mauritania is eligible for AGOA this year. It also qualifies for textile and apparel benefits.
Trade Agreements: The U.S. and Mauritania have no trade agreements.
U.S.-Mauritania Trade Facts
Mauritania is currently our 147th largest goods trading partner with $189 million in total (two way) goods trade during 2017.
- Mauritania was the United States' 136th largest goods export market in 2017.
- U.S. goods exports to Mauritania in 2017 were $128 million, up 9.9% ($12 million) from 2016 and up 24.5% from 2007.
- The top export categories (2-digit HS) in 2017 were: aircraft ($54 million), machinery ($28 million), meat($9 million), inorganic chemicals ($6 million), and electrical machinery ($4 million).
- Mauritania was the United States' 139th largest supplier of goods imports in 2017.
- U.S. goods imports from Mauritania totaled $61 million in 2017, up 22.1% ($11 million) from 2016, and up 8,405.8% from 2007.
- The top import categories (2-digit HS) in 2017 were: mineral fuels ($55 million), special other($3 million), fish and seafood ($2 million), fertilizers ($2 million), and prepared meat and fish ($475 thousand).
- The U.S. goods trade surplus with Mauritania was $66 million in 2017, a 0.6% increase ($415 thousand) over 2016.